Painful periods, irregular periods, and urinary incontinence (among other things) are common issues for many women, but they aren’t normal.
Larissa Tutert is back to talk about pelvic health – this time for youth female athletes.
Though the subject is often taboo, especially for young girls, Larissa takes us through the importance of pelvic health and the concerns that young female athletes may face, especially during puberty. She also shares advice on why and how parents, coaches, trainers, and health care practitioners should talk to youth about pelvic health.
PELVIC HEALTH FOR YOUTH FEMALE ATHLETES WITH LARISSA TUTERT
Here’s what you’ll learn in episode 15 of the herBody Podcast:
- Pelvic health in puberty and concerns young girls face
- Painful experience with tampon insertion
- Debilitating or irregular periods
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis (and what to do if you suspect you have either)
- Urinary incontinence
- Bed wetting
- Constipation and how it’s linked to the piston
- How Micaela’s program, She Moves teaches female athletes about their pelvic floor
- The importance of vitamin D and how it can affect your bone health
- Language matters: Advice for parents, coaches, trainers, and health care professionals on how we should be introducing the topic of pelvic health to young girls and boys