The importance of strength and conditioning for female athletes of all ages and levels of sport should not be overlooked.
In this episode, Strength and Conditioning coach, Sonia Cazzola, shares why she’s made it her mission to empower female athletes via strength and conditioning.
Micaela and Sonia cover everything from why S&C is important for female athletes, myths around S&C, how to find the right coach for you (and red flags to look out for), to how other strength and conditioning coaches can better help female athletes, not only in their sport but for an active life.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING 101 WITH SONIA CAZZOLA
Here’s what you’ll learn in episode 14 of the herBody Podcast with Sonia Cazzola:
- Sonia’s sports story and what led her to becoming a strength and conditioning coach
- Why strength and conditioning is important for female athletes
- When athletes should start S&C
- Myths around strength and conditioning for female athletes
- How to find the right strength and conditioning coach
- Red flags to look for when trying to find a S&C coach
- Important advice for other strength and conditioning coaches working with female athletes
- The importance of female athletes tracking their menstrual cycle when training
- How other women can become strength and conditioning coaches
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN EPISODE:
Leading experts in research on the menstrual cycle & female athletes:
– Dr. Georgie Bruinvels (Senior Sports Scientist and Research Scientist at Orreco)
– Dr. Nicky Keay
– Menstrual cycle tracking tool (Fitr Woman)
– Early Sport Specialization