World, meet one of the most beautiful souls in sports!
Robyn Clarke is a current master’s student at the University of Florida who is well on her way to becoming a sports reporter and creating safe spaces within sports through diversity and inclusion work.
Robyn’s story of realizing sports are bigger than a game, overcoming barriers as a disabled person, and her journey of understanding how much she belongs in sports will light your soul on fire and help you make sports a more inclusive space for all.
MEET ROBYN CLARKE
“I don’t control other people’s perceptions of me. They’re going to think whatever they’re going to think. The only thing that I can control is how I enter a room. So if I enter a room and I am confident and reminding myself of everything that I do bring to the table, then that’s all that matters because then I’ve brought my best foot forward.“– Robyn Clarke
Here’s the Game Plan for episode 27 of the her Soul Shot Podcast with Robyn Clarke:
- Robyn’s story of realizing that sports are bigger than a game, her journey to understanding how much she belongs in sports, and discovering her passion for serving the disability community
- How sports presents both barriers and opportunities for her
- Advice for others who are faced with barriers in sports and how she faces barriers by leaning on the people in her corner and keeping her end goal in mind
- How GALvanize inspired Robyn to grow beyond sports print journalism (and how she met Paige!)
- How Robyn hopes to write her story in sports to include accessibility consulting and being a light for others
- The importance of creating inclusive and accessible spaces in sports and how you can help make the spaces you’re in more inclusive
- Understanding that disability is individualized
- Knowing it’s okay to ask if you don’t know because that’s the only way to learn