Saria Parker started Sportsimist to fill the gap of meaningful apparel for women in sports and it quickly went from a lifestyle brand to a community of empowerment.
Saria joins us on episode 23 of the her Soul Shot Podcast to share how and why she started Sportsimist, the impact it’s had on women in sport, and how other women in sport can turn their passions into more.
MEET SARIA PARKER
If you can’t be consistent, it’s okay to take a break. You need to know yourself and you need to know what you can handle. If you’re at capacity, you’re at capacity. You don’t want to keep showing up because you won’t be your best self or put the best you into your business.– Saria Parker
Here’s what we cover in episode 23 of the her Soul Shot Podcast with Saria Parker:
- How Saria got started in sports and how that led her to her full time career and Sportsimist
- What sparked the idea for Sportsimist and how it’s evolved from a lifestyle + empowerment brand for women in sports to a community for women in sports, especially women of colour in sports
- How Saria balances a full time job while running Sportsimist on the side (hint: her experience as an athlete helped her!)
- The importance of women seeing multiple roles in sport so they know what’s possible
- How Saria comes up with the ideas for the Sportsimist collections (including the mug we all love)
- Saria’s advice on moving forward with your idea and passions and staying the course