We’re shakin’ things up on this new episode of the her Soul Shot Podcast with a new style of episode: Coaching Chats!
Jessica Lim is a field hockey player and biomedical and software engineering student at McMaster University exploring a career in sports.
Jessica sits down with Kyla and Paige to explore her desire to work in sports, despite being in an unrelated program, shares her trepidations around entering the sports world, and asks her top questions to find the right route and get her career started.
Kyla and Paige share their journeys into the sports world, what they’ve learned along the way, and how others can carve their own sports path, no matter how unconventional. Episode 12 of the her Soul Shot Podcast touches on:
- Why your education and experience doesn’t have to be related to sports to foster a successful career in sports
- How to network and connect with the right people who can help you
- The various possible career routes in sports
- Finding your why and making an impact with your work
- Pros and cons of working in sports
- How you can start making moves for your career at any stage
- The experience of being a woman in the sports world
- Getting your foot in the door to explore your options
- and SO MUCH MORE!
If you’re a student exploring your future in sports, a professional thinking about a career change, or just want an inside view of sports careers, this episode is your jam!